Sunday, January 15, 2012

Air bagging a BMW E46 Vert-(Accuiar+Airlift)

Sacrilegious? Maybe, but who cares.
I am sure the hardcore BMW owners are balling their fist screaming at the monitor right now but I am glad I got the chance to bag this nice E46.
Starting off with Airlift universal struts for the front, brackets and mounts were fabricated making it a complete bolt in.
The rear was a little bit more simple using Airlifts new VW R32 bag.  It fell right into place with no hassles. Once the bags were mounted, the task of mounting the Accuair E-level arms were next. The front was simple but the rear proved to be a challenge with limited mounting points and tire and wheel clearance. Once the determined placement was desired everything else fell into place.
The management is controlled using Accuair's E-level w/ rocker switch. The switch was mounted under the armrest for easy access but discreet visibility. Using a Viair 444c and a 3 gallon black anodized aluminum tank allowed little space to be used in the trunk area.
I can honestly say that this car is the best riding bagged car I have done so far and handles amazing!



8 comments:

  1. what wheels are those? Awesome job though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBS Rf's and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dope install guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those stuffs is a lot more help to every person who has a car. Air bagging is a great help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking about bagging a touareg to get it low. The parts used here seem to be perfect, could you list what was used and where they can be obtained? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. email me at Drew@dorbritzdesigns.com and I am sure we can put something together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice setup and the colour is amazing. I have a vert myself and i'm looking for the rear bumper lip. Where you go yours from? Cheers
    Email: christian.d@europe.com

    ReplyDelete