Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Air Bagging a '72 Merceds Benz

Well, I have to say that when I was asked to do  this I was a little anxious and stocked at the same time. Taking on the challenge was a great experience and I loved how the project is coming out. I know the owner has future plans from when it leaves my shop to finish up some things and I can't wait to see the progress. The goodies, started out using the Dakota digital odyessey gauge setup in combination with the 2 Airlift manifolds as well as a AVS 7 way controller. Dual Viair 400c compressors and a 5 gallon aluminum tank that was painted to look patina supplied the air. Brushed copper hard lines were also installed and aged as well. The suspension was done with Re-6 Slam Specialties all the way around and custom brackets were made to make fit in both front and rear location. The innerspring pocket was shaved down to allow ample clearance for the front bags. Final touches were used to complete the install like, carpet and custom dash panel for the gauge.A simple stereo was also installed using an Alpine headunit that had IPod capability and access to it was installed in the console in between the window controls. Two sets of speakers were installed, one in the front foot well area and a set in on the back deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment