Monday, November 23, 2009

1965 Ford Econoline Van

I am finally starting a well over due project that has been taking up space in my driveway for the last 3 years. I purchased the van 3 years ago and had great intentions to work on it but never found the time.
I decided to finally start work on it and make it the company van.

Here are a few pictures of how I found the van and the direction I want to go with it.
I'll update as I make progress on it as well. I am hoping to have the body and paint done by March 2010.
Just need to decide white or black wall tires.




List of parts and things to do,
EXTERIOR Body work:


*shave body seems
*shave emblems
*shave mirrors
*fit bumpers tighter to the body
*patch rust spots
*shave license plate mount

EXTERIOR paint work and cosmetic mods:

*gloss black bottom
*silver pinstrip
*purple metallic satin top
*purple gloss flake roof
*1950's Pontiac tail lights
*4"peep mirror

INTERIOR body work:

*cut out rusted floor
*box in rear c-notch
*patch rusted holes

INTERIOR paint work and cosmetic mods: 


*replace floor with sheet metal with dimple die cut outs.
*line sides with aluminum sheet metal w/ bead rolls
*make door panels with aluminum sheet metal and bead rolls
*paint dash gloss purple flake
*Classic Instruments gauges

*1950 Ford woodies steering wheel / painted gloss black.

*paint engine doghouse gloss black with satin metallic purple top.
*Aluminum bomber seat for the front w/ purple flake vinyl cushion inserts

*Aluminum bomber seat for the 2nd row w/ purple flake vinyl cushion inserts
*Aluminum bomber bench seat for 3rd row w/ purple flake cushion inserts


DRIVETRAIN:


*302 Ford w/ carb.
*c4 transmission
*Ford 9"


BRAKES:

*convert front to disc brake
*upgrade to a dual master cylinder
* rebuild rear drum brakes


SUSPENSION:

*Air ride front and rear
* 4 link rear 
* custom Y link w/ A arm and cross-member for the front.

How the Van was found






Some of the clean up

1950 Ford woody steering wheel and Classic Instrument gauges

 started some of the shaving
 












Sunday, November 15, 2009

Engine Cover- TAXI!!!




This one was painted using a base black with Imola yellow painted checkers. Few other little accents to match are the rear view and air tank as well.


Friday, November 6, 2009

Valve Covers- Gold Bricks



Here is a set of old Cadillac valve covers that were flaked out. I started by using a base gold metallic and then applied several layers of warm beer flake and custard pie flake. once that was set up it was then coated with heavy coats of clear and then a final wet sand with a final coat of clear. The finishing touch was one shot black paint outlining the words "Cadillac".

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Engine Cover-Going Green

Here is a engine cover that is painted in 2 stage sub-lime green with a leaf pattern on the corner. It's for a TDI VW diesel that is running Biofuel.